Sad case of a passenger that was been served food while on board- he chose chicken and on the ground at JFK, it was apparent that something was wrong. The passenger became pale, had stomach cramps and was suddenly very thirsty, symptoms consistent with food poisoning in a typical time-frame.
According to the wife's victim that the was "expressed and obvious" to AA staff. Boarding anyway, things took a turn for the worse quickly with the victim presenting nausea and shortness of breath which preceded a heart attack. He was pronounced dead in Norfolk, Virginia where the plane made an emergency landing, albeit too late.
The family had filed suit against AA and Sky Chefs, the airplane catering company that apparently prepared the meal.
The lawsuit, reported to be in excess of $1 million by Tourism and Aviation has the four points:
~ The chicken was poisoned
~ AA was negligent for even allowing the passenger on board the flight in the first place.
~ AA failed to provide medical attention
~ AA waited too long for an emergency landing